Tuesday 8 March 2011

Replacements

The twins come home tomorrow. Kate is bringing them back after lunch. Their room is almost finished. I only have to put everything in it's right place and it's done.
The bunk beds chrome finish is gleaming smuggly in the morning sun, and looking at it now in all it's innocence, you would never believe that it fought me until 2am this morning before it finally gave in and let me win the battle to put it up.
The walls are a lovely shade of lilac. I thought that lilac was a good cross between pink for Bethany and blue for Nathan. I hope they think so too!
William phoned last night to see if I needed any help with getting the flat ready today. I wish he hadn't. I used every last tissue from the pretty box of tissues I had bought especially for the coffee table in the front room, you know, expensive tissues that are there because the box is pretty, not that they are there for people to blow noses on (or wipe away tears). I'll  pop out sometime today to replace the tissues, oh and the bottle of wine I had bought for me and Kate to have tomorrow. Oh, and the twin's monthly supply of chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way it's going so far. It feels like something real, something easily related to. I feel her pain, and I'm hoping she'll make it through her struggles. I'll be waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feedback. It is great to know what others think. I will have a read of yours too!

    ReplyDelete