Thursday 3 March 2011

Realisations

Well, our new home is starting to come together. There's only about 25 boxes to unpack now! Something else that has just hit me, 'our' used to mean mine, William's and the twin's, but now 'our' means just mine and the twins.
The realisation of the fact that my marriage is over and I am about to go it alone as a single mum keeps hitting me at regular intervals throughout each day. It's like there is someone standing behind me, I can't see them, but they are holding a big 'your marriage is over' stick and when I am having a few minutes where I have temporarily got involved in something that has taken my mind off things, they whack me with it.

I'm grateful that I can concentrate on the twins room first as they are staying with Auntie Kate for a few days while I get the flat sorted. My sister Kate has been my rock through all this mess. She is 3 years older than me and is very protective. I know that if the person standing behind me with the 'your marriage is over' stick was real, Kate would, well, let's just say, I think that the stick might need surgically removing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment