Monday 14 March 2011

Home

The twins came home today. Home. Home to me. They didn't come home to their mum and dad. They came home to just their mum. Me. A single Mum.
They were thrilled with their room, really excited. I felt really bad that I can't afford somewhere with 3 bedrooms so they can each have their own room. I showed them round. It was so very cute that they were so excited by the fact that we now have a balcony! I felt really bad that they no longer have a garden. Thankfully, at 5 years old, they are far too young to know how bad mummy feels about so much. Thankfully, at 29 years old, I am old enough to know that, hopefully soon, I will stop feeling so bad about everything.
I was hoping Kate would be able to stay until after the twins were in bed, and we would have had a good old natter over the bottle of wine I had replaced yesterday for when she brought the twins home, but she had to go to work.
The twins were so tired that they were in bed extra early. That should have been really great. But it wasn't. Kate had gone, and now, with the twins asleep, I felt very, very alone. The realisation that I am now solely responsible for those two sleeping babes was overwhelming.
Tomorrow, I will pop out to replace the pretty box of tissues, the bottle of wine and the twins monthly supply of chocolate. Again.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, how sad.

    Looking forward to more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aya, I must apologise, I havent got round to reading yours properly yet but when I do (soon!), I will give you some feedback cos youve been brill!

    ReplyDelete