Saturday 19 March 2011

Sunday Night

Sunday night. Monday morning is looming. Cooked our first roast dinner in our new home today. The twins ran me ragged. We went to the park (thank goodness there is a great park close by) I was so keen to just get them out that I didn't really spend too much time on my appearance before we left. Ok, if i'm honest, I didn't spend any time on my appearence and didn't actually have a clue how I looked before we left.
I had even forgotten to brush my teeth in between chasing Nathan around removing a never ending supply of brightly coloured crayons from his little fingers and Beth's obsession with removing her clothes every time I managed to get her dressed.
I started to get a rough idea of how I was looking when I started to receive odd looks from the other parents in the park. Looks that then turned into friendly nods once I had caught them looking at me. I started by untucking the left side of my skirt from inside my knickers and finished by removing the pink piece of play dough from my hair. There, all tidy!
Oh my God, I felt like such a wreck. I felt a wreck, looked a wreck and I miss who I used to be.. smart, attractive and in control. Hey! I was a SAC! Smart, Attractive and in Control! But today I felt more like a black sack!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog Nikki, think we've all been in that dragging ourselves to the park in any state situation! Keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete